Taking the next step
Three things to get your program off the ground
“One of the misconceptions of influencers is that they are celebrities, but really the emotional attachment is more like a trusted friend. I would say the word of a trusted friend is especially important right now. We're turning to the trusted and familiar amid chaos. One of the positive things to come out of this crisis is the breathtaking innovation and resourcefulness that is occurring. Traditional entertainment and media is being reinvented before our eyes and many of these innovations will persist as new methods of outreach and connection. ”
Executive Director, Shaefer Marketing Solutions
"People are relying more than ever on those they can trust and who won’t let them down—especially when markets are fragile and futures uncertain. Influencers who have strong followings built through trust, knowledge, and empathy can help brands reach their audiences; but only if the message strikes the right tone, offers a helping hand, and knows its place."
"From entire companies working from home to new priorities to impending economic disruption, companies are seeking specific guidance to navigate these turbulent waters. More than ever, influencers must be very surgical in their approach to connect in a meaningful way, as authenticity plays at the core of these changes."
CIO Strategic Advisor, AVOA
"Influencer marketing has always helped companies establish themselves to new audiences or present products in a different way, and during a pandemic, that charter hasn’t changed. Influencers can help companies all across the world communicate the way to move forward and share how they are helping the world during times of uncertainty. Influencers have an outside-in view of the business world and can actively help companies as consultants to solve their biggest challenges."
Content Development Specialist, SAP Global Marketing
"This is an opportunity for influencer marketing to be unique. Brands should be looking to influencers to see how they can showcase products and launches in everyday life. Keep in mind that many people are switching to work from home life and may be dealing with some virtual fatigue. While we're using Zoom, FaceTime, and video calls more for day to day interaction, we have to figure out ways to deliver meaningful content outside of virtual events. Blog views being up right now, it's a great opportunity for influencers to focus on their blogs and produce content that can be evergreen."
Blogger, What Nicole Wore
How others have found success
A Top Cloud Company Reached Top SoV at a Key Retail Event
Combining an interactive digital experience with amplified influencer content, one enterprise company stood out from the crowd and engaged with quality leads.
- Over 11 million in reach leading to #1 in SOV for #NRF2021
- Averaged 75% higher engagement than benchmarks, including over 600,000 video views
- "Consumer trends" poll went viral with over 17,000 votes
A Fortune 100 Company Built an Influencer-led, Integrated Program
Cutting through the noise with an always-on, multifaceted influencer marketing messaging to speak to the right audience with the right message at the right time.
- 3 always-on influencers and 6 campaign-based influencers
- 31% increase in engagements
- 165% increase in reach
A Leading Inspection Company Engaged with Their Niche Audience
By leveraging expert influencers, an enterprise company reached their target audience of decision makers in hotel operations and shared how they help hospitality businesses quickly recover from COVID-19.
- Influencers produced 70% more content than contracted
- Influencer content inspired new innovations adopted by their content marketing program
- LinkedIn metrics matched or exceeded engagement levels for their corporate channels
Resources to help jumpstart your efforts
- From Start to Finish: Your Guide to Influencer Marketing
- Influencer Marketing Questions You Need to Ask
- How to Ensure Your Influencers are Reaching the Right Audience
- 3 Ways to Measure Influencer Marketing ROI
- 5 Burning Questions About Influencer Marketing
- The Role of IM in a Digital-First World
- The Next Big Thing in Influencer Marketing: CGI Influencers
- New Influencer Marketing Metrics to Help Scale Your Program
- Your Most Valuable Influencers are Right in Front of You
- Traackr + Social Tribe