Senior Account Lead
As a Sr. Account Manager, you’ll be responsible for running some of our most exciting and complex client accounts – ensuring we meet and exceed client satisfaction at every turn. Being an effective Senior Account Manager means you’ve spent a few years learning the ins and outs of agency process and client management and have demonstrated success building relationships with both clients and internal partners. A desire for making great work is at your core while you are equally interested in the strategy that gets us there. You are hungry for growth opportunities, always eager to jump in, and embrace change at every turn.
Clients trust you. Your team trusts you. You’re tough, and you’re honest. You love saying yes, but know when and how to say no. You’re that rare individual who enjoys juggling the needs of conflicting sides of an operation because it’s hard to do...and because you’re good at it. As a Group Account Director, you will provide strategic leadership and daily client management while leading a multidisciplinary team that plans and executes complex programs and projects. The Group Director helps client leaders define their needs and provides daily leadership to clients, the account team and other internal teams, ensuring clients are maximizing use of Social Tribe agency capabilities, all while delivering a stellar experience with consistent account/client management and effective business management. The GAD has the added responsibility of leading account teams in driving business growth for the agency. The team’s success (and yours) will depend on your ability to nurture long term client relationships, create new opportunities and serve as a client advocate.
Competencies (where you shine):
You are a highly-organized individual with a keen eye to the details and a passion for the big picture. Building high-performing, collaborative and inspired teams is where you shine - you’re a master conductor when it comes to generating excitement, consensus and purpose both within internal teams and amongst client partners.
- You have an ego-free personality that thrives working with a highly motivated team.
- You have a strong and deep understanding of social-digital platforms, and emerging tech. Experience with Sprinklr is a major advantage.
- You are proactive, not reactive. You see hurdles and improvements miles away.
- You can evaluate the feasibility of complex programs or campaigns and help steer the ship towards success.
- You’re a problem solver at heart who always seeks to find a win-win solution.
- You excel at giving feedback, grounded in empathy and respect for others.
- You’re agile and adapt at managing multiple projects at once.
- You’re a role model and a teacher, creating the conditions for your team to grow and thrive.
Responsibilities (what you’d be doing day-to-day):
The best Senior Account Manager has an innate ability for doing, for making; for running the show. By this we mean exemplifying a "roll-up your sleeves and get'er done" attitude while thinking proactively about how to improve the process at every step.
- Client Management: Act as the primary point of contact for a demanding set of enterprise-level clients. Manage relationships artfully, and build trust and confidence while positioning Social Tribe as a strategic resource and partner for business growth.
- Account Management: As Sr. Account Manager you are responsible for quality control for all client deliverables. Ensure that project information and deliverables are accurate, complete and timely. Deliver top quality metrics and reporting focused on business impact and actionable insights.
- Strategic planning: Responsible for all elements of strategic planning process: Market research testing and development of market plans, creative development, flawless client presentations and tactical implementation. Recommend strategic programming to drive business to meet/exceed forecasts while executing programs within budget.
- Team Management: Manage and supervise Account Managers and Account Coordinators. Direct and assign jobs as needed; monitor flow of all jobs. Act as a mentor and team leader, providing regular feedback, identifying growth opportunities and helping to up-level skill sets of those who report to you.
- Cross Team Collaboration: Collaborate with other Account Managers to cross-pollinate best practices and learnings for the benefit of other client accounts. Collaborate closely with the Group Director of Accounts for growth of the account as well as developing new business.
Qualifications (the non-negotiables)
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with a digital agency. B2B enterprise is a major advantage.
- Minimum of 4 - 5 years of experience running accounts and teams, preferably in the social/digital space
- Expert-level social media reporting and analytics skills, with the ability to make the numbers tell a story and interpret metrics for executive-level stakeholders
- Proven ability to act as consultant to Director and C-Level executives
- Deep understanding of leading-edge social, content and influencer marketing practices and activations within the industry
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with tech folks, business stakeholders, clients, etc.An ability to look beyond face-value conversations; read between the lines and listen for what isn’t being said.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced (sometimes chaotic) environment while maintaining a sense of perspective.
- Ability to adapt to new situations, solve problems on the fly, and communicate with those around you. Teamwork and scrappiness required.
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we're always making progress
- Demonstrated business planning abilities (account growth plans, financial targets, revenue projections, etc.)
Clients trust you. Your team trusts you. You’re tough as nails. But you’re honest. You’re not a “Yes Man” but you do love saying yes. And no. You’re that rare individual who thinks it’s actually kind of fun to juggle the needs of conflicting sides of an operation because it’s hard to do…and you’re good at it.
- You love a meaty challenge
- You possess a keen eye and exhibit great taste for best-in-class digital and social work
- You are an ego-free personality that can work with a highly motivated team to get shit done
- You’re curious, always thinking about how to improve and drive results
- You’re independent and thrive in situations where you can take initiative and lead the charge
- You’re passionate about social trends, new technology, and digital marketing
- You proactively seek opportunities where you can share and learn from others
A little bit about us:
Social Tribe is a data-driven agency, focused on solutions. We help enterprise companies build integrated social, content, and influencer programs to increase revenue & improve the customer experience.
Our most important asset? People. In fact, talent is the heartbeat of our business. We’re looking for “drivers”; big thinkers with an entrepreneurial and strategic mindset — people who are committed to exceptional client service, aren’t afraid to experiment with new ideas. And, we are all about finding and nurturing individuals who are ready to do great work. At Social Tribe, you’ll collaborate with great minds while being challenged to meet and exceed your potential.