As an Account Director, you will provide strategic leadership and daily client management while leading a multidisciplinary team that plans and executes complex programs and projects. We’re seeking a well-rounded strategic senior marketing leader with experience successfully leading teams to oversee our marketing agency's account management team. This position requires a creative idea generator with the confidence and persuasiveness required to sell innovative marketing strategies to meet client objectives. The individual must have proven results building and executing B2B marketing initiatives that fuel client growth. Must also be a hands-on utility player who can roll up his or her sleeves to not only move the business forward but support the tactical needs of our clients through the development and execution of marketing programs.
Responsibilities (what you’d be doing day-to-day):
As a perpetual student of our clients’ industries, you possess a deep understanding of each client’s business and objectives. You understand the industry, competitors, key drivers, and environment. You relentlessly work to identify opportunities to bring value to our client’s business are always looking for ways to develop and strengthen relationships within the client organization and agency partners. You understand the only way to be successful and grow the business is to build trust and evolve these relationships at all levels.
- Account Growth + Expansion: You make it your business to develop a deep understanding of our clients’ needs and use those insights to develop new project ideas that align with customer and brand goals. Additionally, you take ownership of the financials for clients including forecasts, budgets and investments and align business with the appropriate staff.
- Team Management: Develop team members by coaching, training and identifying areas for growth. Provide direct and consistent feedback on an ongoing basis and serve as a key contributor to a positive, innovative and collaborative and cooperative work environment.
- Business Expansion: Identify opportunities to and develop a plan to expand existing account opportunities. Support the leadership team and drive sales pipeline by contributing to new business pitches. You’re a strong storyteller with impeccable presentation skills as well as an innate ability to connect the dots and inspire key stakeholders with the big picture opportunity.
- Collaboration: You have an amazing ability to bring people together to work for a common goal. Whether it’s leading your team or partnering with a client, you relentlessly work to find a win-win solution. As a great team leader, you can oversee multiple projects at the same time, keeping our service teams as stress-free as possible, all while maintaining a tight focus on creating an outstanding experience for our clients.
- Deliverables: Focus on high-quality client deliverables and error-free launches. Oversee the quality control for all deliverables; ensure deadlines and accounts are managed on budget and to client satisfaction.
Competencies (where you shine):
You are a highly-organized individual with a keen eye to the details and a passion for the big picture. Building high-performing, collaborative and inspired teams is where you shine - you’re a master conductor when it comes to generating excitement, consensus and purpose both within internal teams and amongst client partners.
- You are an ego-free personality that thrives when working with a highly motivated team
- You have a strong and deep understanding of social-digital platforms, and emerging tech
- You are proactive, not just reactive (you see hurdles/improvements miles away)
- You can evaluate the feasibility of complex programs or campaigns and help steer the ship towards success
- You’re a problem solver at heart who always seeks to find a win-win solution
- You excel at giving feedback, grounded in empathy and respect for others
- You’re agile and adapt at managing multiple projects at once
- You’re a role model and a teacher, creating the conditions for your team to grow and thrive
Qualifications (the non-negotiables)
- 5+ years of relevant experience in digital communications and/or related fields including influencer marketing and social media
- Thorough understanding and experience for digital strategy, content creation, social media and running influencer programs
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Attention to detail and great organizational skills
- Constantly curious – following trends in the industry and reading articles.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced (sometimes chaotic).environment while maintaining a sense of perspective
- Ability to adapt to new situations, solve problems on the fly, and communicate with those around you. Teamwork and scrappiness required
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we're always making progress
About Social Tribe
Social Tribe is a data-driven agency, focused on solutions. We help enterprise companies build integrated social, content, and influencer programs to increase revenue & improve the customer experience.
Our most important asset? People. In fact, talent is the heartbeat of our business. We’re looking for “drivers”; big thinkers with an entrepreneurial and strategic mindset — people who are committed to exceptional client service, aren’t afraid to experiment with new ideas. And, we are all about finding and nurturing individuals who are ready to do great work. At Social Tribe, you’ll collaborate with great minds while being challenged to meet and exceed your potential.