As an Account Director, you will provide strategic leadership and daily client management while leading a multidisciplinary team that plans and executes complex programs and projects. We’re seeking a well-rounded strategic senior marketing leader with experience across social and content marketing disciplines, with a strong background in B2B social and influencer marketing.
This position requires a creative idea generator with the confidence and persuasiveness required to sell innovative marketing approaches to meet client objectives, and the ability to actively lead and contribute to high-wattage strategy deliverables. The individual must have proven results building and executing B2B marketing initiatives that fuel client growth. Must also be a hands-on utility player who can roll up his or her sleeves to not only move the business forward but support the tactical needs of our clients through the development and execution of marketing programs.
Responsibilities (what you’d be doing day-to-day):
As a perpetual student of our clients’ industries, you possess a deep understanding of each client’s business and objectives. You understand the industry, competitors, key drivers, and environment. You relentlessly work to identify opportunities to bring value to our client’s business and are always looking for ways to develop and strengthen relationships within the client organization and agency partners. You understand the only way to be successful and grow the business is to build trust and evolve these relationships at all levels.
- Account Growth + Expansion: You make it your business to develop a deep understanding of our clients’ needs and use those insights to develop new project ideas that align with customer and brand goals. Additionally, you take ownership of the financials for clients including forecasts, budgets and investments and align business with the appropriate staff.
- Team Management: Develop team members by coaching, training and identifying areas for growth. Provide direct and consistent feedback on an ongoing basis and serve as a key contributor to a positive, innovative and collaborative and cooperative work environment.
- Business Expansion: Identify opportunities to and develop a plan to expand existing account opportunities. Support the leadership team and drive sales pipeline by contributing to new business pitches. You’re a strong storyteller with impeccable presentation skills as well as an innate ability to connect the dots and inspire key stakeholders with the big picture opportunity.
- Collaboration: You have an amazing ability to bring people together to work for a common goal. Whether it’s leading your team or partnering with a client, you relentlessly work to find a win-win solution. As a great team leader, you can oversee multiple projects at the same time creating an outstanding experience for our clients.
- Deliverables: Focus on high-quality client deliverables and error-free launches. Oversee the quality control for all deliverables; ensure deadlines and accounts are managed on budget and to client satisfaction.
Competencies (where you shine):
- Direct account teams and practice areas
- Lead /contribute to the development of strategic deliverables
- Manage accounts, program goals and budgets
- Drive client calls, team planning sessions, new business pitches, end-of-month reporting and invoicing
- Conceptualize inventive influencer strategies and drive influencer engagement
- Serve as a key contributor in new business
- Cultivate the agency’s sphere of influence with agency peers, VCs, etc.
- Manage 1-2 direct reports as well as mentor Account Managers and Senior Associates
Qualifications (the non-negotiables)
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with a digital agency. B2B enterprise experience is a requirement.
- Demonstrated business planning abilities (account growth plans, financial targets, revenue projections, etc).
- Deep understanding of leading-edge social and influencer marketing practices
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with the tech community, business stakeholders, clients, and more.
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we're always making progress.
- Ability to travel to and from client/new business meetings as appropriate
About Social Tribe
Social Tribe is a data-driven agency, focused on solutions. We help enterprise companies build integrated social, content, and influencer programs to increase revenue & improve the customer experience.
Our most important asset? People. In fact, talent is the heartbeat of our business. We’re looking for “drivers”; big thinkers with an entrepreneurial and strategic mindset — people who are committed to exceptional client service, aren’t afraid to experiment with new ideas. And, we are all about finding and nurturing individuals who are ready to do great work. At Social Tribe, you’ll collaborate with great minds while being challenged to meet and exceed your potential.