Today is #GivingTuesday, a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration. Since its inaugural year in 2012, #GivingTuesday has become a movement that celebrates and supports giving and philanthropy with events throughout the year and a growing catalog of resources.
At Social Tribe, we believe that paying it forward shouldn’t be a question of “if” but of “how”. I bootstrapped the business and built it over the course of the past 9 years with the help and support of our clients. As we’ve grown as a company, it’s important that we never forget our community roots, which has been the bedrock of our success. One of our core values as a company is that “all boats rise together”- which is why we believe in the importance of reinvesting and supporting the communities around us. Each year we select a non-profit that supports our values and contribute a percentage of our annual revenue
This year, many of our friends, neighbors and clients were impacted by devastating disasters that impacted their health, safety, and homes. As a thriving business, we have an opportunity to help these affected communities. In that spirit, we’ve donated 2% of our annual revenue to Direct Relief, an organization that provides critical humanitarian aid to areas affected by disasters. Active in all 50 states and more than 80 countries, Direct Relief’s mission is to improve the health and lives of people affected by poverty or emergencies. As a non-governmental, nonsectarian, and not-for-profit organization, Direct Relief helps people and communities without regard to politics, religious beliefs, or ethnic identities.
We are proud to support this wonderful organization! To learn more about them, please visit www.directrelief.org.
What Giving Means to Us
On a personal level, the Social Tribe team wanted to share what giving means to us in light of #GivingTuesday and the holiday season:
- “Giving without expectation makes this world a better place for all.” – Emily Lyman (tweet this)
- “Giving is human. It reminds me of why we’re all here – to take care of each other.” – Lindsey Schroeder (tweet this)
- “Giving means being part of a community. Giving keeps you grounded and aware of being part of a whole.” – Emily Lewis (tweet this)
- “There’s just something about giving someone the absolute perfect gift that makes you feel like you’ve got a little magic in you.” – Juliet Paulson (tweet this)
- “Giving reminds me that most of what I have to give is infinite: kindness, patience, love. All are unlimited.” – Madeline Mirasol (tweet this)
- “Giving is lending an ear, a hug, a present, or a thought to someone to show how much you care.” – Jessica Walsh (tweet this)
- “Giving is one of my favorite things to do and has always been a big part of my life. There is nothing more rewarding than making someone else feel appreciated and loved especially when they need it most.” – Kelsey O’Neill (tweet this)
- “Giving is gaining happiness from making someone else just as happy as you are.” – Tatiana Natzke (tweet this)
- “Giving is the most meaningful way to bring purpose, fulfillment and light into the world.” – Megan Conley (tweet this)
What does giving mean to you, and how are you giving back this holiday season? We want to hear about it! To learn more about #GivingTuesday, please visit www.givingtuesday.org.